For all placenta services:
- We are based in Phoenix, however – we can offer placenta crafting no matter where you are located. Simply ship it to us, we will craft it in the way of your choosing, and ship it back to you
- It is important that your care provider and all attending your birth know beforehand that you want to keep your placenta.
- You will need to have handy a large ziplock bag or tupperware – the placenta needs to basically go right from your body into the container. It should not be taken anywhere or treated in any way. The container must then go in the refrigerator in your room. If your place of birth does not have refrigerators in the rooms, bring a small cooler with you.
- The placenta must be refrigerated within four hours after birth. It can be frozen for preparation at a later date, but it is most effective if it is kept in the fridge and prepared within 72 hours after birth.
Modes of Preparation: (note – you do not have to choose one method of consumption. You could use part of your placenta for smoothies, and the rest for encapsulation. Part for encapsulation and the rest for a tincture. etc)
- For all modes of preparation, the placenta will be picked up within 12 hours after birth, unless other arrangements have been made. Please call or text 480-343-9215 once you have given birth and are ready for pickup. Our “hours” are 9am to 10pm. If you give birth late at night, or in the middle of the night – please wait until 9am the next day to contact us. We are regularly on call for birth doula clients, so please assume that our phone is on and near to us at all times. A text at 2 o’clock in the morning will likely wake us up
- We are happy to use your personal equipment (please contact us for a list of what is needed), purchase new equipment to use that you will keep, or use our current equipment. All of our equipment is properly sanitized and cleared of energy between placentas. All services include preserving your umbilical cord.
- Placenta Prints – done on a thick sheet of paper – shows the beautiful “tree of life” that your placenta & umbilical cord make. Can be raw or painted.
- Raw Smoothie Preparation - A delicious smoothie will be made and will include a small chunk of raw placenta. Turn around time is same day. The placenta does not alter the flavor of the smoothies.
- Placenta capsules, “raw” method – placenta will be dehydrated at a low temperature (this is why it is still considered raw) over a long period of time (24 hours+). Once it is fully dry and dehydrated, it will be ground into a powder and encapsulated. Average number of capsules is 150. Turnaround time is 24-48 hours.
- Placenta capsules, TCM method – placenta is thoroughly rinsed and drained of all blood, then steamed with ginger, lime and jalapeno, then dehydrated at a high temperature, ground into a powder and encapsulated.
- Placenta Tincture – You will be given a ready made tincture, as well as the remaining “mother tincture” to give you the ability to make gallons of ready made tincture.
- Placenta Chocolates – placenta is dehydrated, ground and made into individually sized chocolate pieces – this is the most popular mode of preparation.
- Raw Placenta Truffles – placenta is dehydrated using a raw method, meaning it never reaches above 110 degrees. It is then ground and mixed into a truffle batch made from raw coconut butter, raw cacao and pure maple syrup.